ZigZag's Journal

Monday, January 16, 2006


Well, here is Dani and baby Ali. He was born on January 12 and both of them are doing really well. Ali is wrapped in the blanket that I made for him. Dani's sister spent a week with us and we knitted until we were blue in the face. Okay, what did we make. I knitted an Irish Cable Scarf and then I found a cable hat pattern and made that to go with it. Oh yes, the major achievment was that I finished my socks. I had made one of them about 8 months ago and my neighbor was helping me. She was combining three patterns and we were doing conversions to two circulars and well I couldn't read the directions because I had not done them very neatly so I had to wait until she had time to go over them with me. That happened on Saturday and I finished the sock on Sunday. Lucy had made a sweater and she did a beautiful job. She brought the pattern for me and now I am making attempts at my very first sweater for myself. I already had to frog it after about 250 yards, but that was okay, I needed to correct it and that was the practice session. I will post some pictures tomorrow of some of the completed projects. Lucy finished a scarf that I had started a year ago and so that is another needle that is cleaned up. Yirley's sweater is very close to being completed and I will hopefully have photos of it as well shortly. I really want to make another pair of socks. My secret pal from SP6 sent me some sock yarn and I am pretty anxious to use it. It is green and well, truth be know, I am quite fond of most greens. When I post the pictures I will tell you all about the yarn that I used.

2 Comments:

  • she looks so much like Lucy. what a cute baby. ;-)

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:52 PM  

  • When are you gonna post tnna pix?
    (insert cheesey grin here.)

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home