Good Morning. Today is a beautiful spring day and a great day to Knit In Public. Today is the day across the nation that many knitters will be out knitting in public and of course I will be one of those. There will be a group of 8-10 of us from our LYS knitting in the park. We are all bringing something to eat. Lucy and I were chosen to bring desert. So, our choice is angel food cake, fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip. Sound like a great weight watcher desert? After several hours of knitting Lucy and I will go to Chico to walk in the 24hour Relay for Life which is a fund raiser for cancer. Lucy lost her oldest sister to cancer and I lost my best friend so we are trying to raise money and awareness. We are supposed to walk from 5-7PM and then we will walk again for the candlelight vigil at 9PM.
This past week I have been almost totally consumed with spring cleaning. Oh my gosh you cannot believe the things I have been saving in my closets. Time for several trips to the Salvation Army. We are almost done with the three bedrooms. Almost is the key word there. My walk in closet is looking very nice finally after many years of barely being able to get into it. I have even been able to make room for some of the more expensive yarns i.e. cashmere that are in my stash. Plus, I can see them and get to them! I know, this is probably normal for most of you and the way I prefer things to be, but it hasn't been this way for a long time. That's perhaps why it is so exciting! So far we have made five trips to Salvation Army and I am sure at least two more will go from inside the house and then there is the much dreaded garage. I have to keep doing this as long as I am in the mood to give things away. Jen has the summer off from school so she is in the office all of the day. This gives me the opportunity to spend 8-10 hours inside the house working. I have to take advantage of her time in the office because once school starts again everything changes and it is back to work for me. Consequently this has left very little time for knitting. But it has to be done. My next challenge after the loads of things have gone to the Salvation Army and the dump will be to learn the E-Bay method of selling things. I have a totally huge collection of Barbie Dolls and accessories. I now realize that they are taking up space and not serving a purpose for me any longer. I would love to sell the entire collection to one person, but that would be difficult unless I was lucky enough to get a dealer that was interested. I also have a huge collection of antique dolls that my great aunt gave to me. A couple of them have been appraised at over $3,000. Can you imagine??? I want them to go to new homes also. Someone that will appreciate them for what they are. I thought I was that person for several years, but I have turned into a Felix as in "The Odd Couple". I want to keep one or maybe two of the antique dolls, but the other 30 or 40 need a new home. Anyone know someone that would be interested? LOL Fat Chance. No, I am going to have to work to get rid of these dolls. Better I do it than Jen and Lindita having to do it someday. They would be saying "What was she thinking?"
I have made some progress in the evenings on my sweater. I know am working on the first sleeve and it is almost completed. That is what I am going to be working on today. It is high time I finish this sweater so that I can wear it!
I hope all of you have a great day knitting in public today. We are all looking forward to it.
This past week I have been almost totally consumed with spring cleaning. Oh my gosh you cannot believe the things I have been saving in my closets. Time for several trips to the Salvation Army. We are almost done with the three bedrooms. Almost is the key word there. My walk in closet is looking very nice finally after many years of barely being able to get into it. I have even been able to make room for some of the more expensive yarns i.e. cashmere that are in my stash. Plus, I can see them and get to them! I know, this is probably normal for most of you and the way I prefer things to be, but it hasn't been this way for a long time. That's perhaps why it is so exciting! So far we have made five trips to Salvation Army and I am sure at least two more will go from inside the house and then there is the much dreaded garage. I have to keep doing this as long as I am in the mood to give things away. Jen has the summer off from school so she is in the office all of the day. This gives me the opportunity to spend 8-10 hours inside the house working. I have to take advantage of her time in the office because once school starts again everything changes and it is back to work for me. Consequently this has left very little time for knitting. But it has to be done. My next challenge after the loads of things have gone to the Salvation Army and the dump will be to learn the E-Bay method of selling things. I have a totally huge collection of Barbie Dolls and accessories. I now realize that they are taking up space and not serving a purpose for me any longer. I would love to sell the entire collection to one person, but that would be difficult unless I was lucky enough to get a dealer that was interested. I also have a huge collection of antique dolls that my great aunt gave to me. A couple of them have been appraised at over $3,000. Can you imagine??? I want them to go to new homes also. Someone that will appreciate them for what they are. I thought I was that person for several years, but I have turned into a Felix as in "The Odd Couple". I want to keep one or maybe two of the antique dolls, but the other 30 or 40 need a new home. Anyone know someone that would be interested? LOL Fat Chance. No, I am going to have to work to get rid of these dolls. Better I do it than Jen and Lindita having to do it someday. They would be saying "What was she thinking?"
I have made some progress in the evenings on my sweater. I know am working on the first sleeve and it is almost completed. That is what I am going to be working on today. It is high time I finish this sweater so that I can wear it!
I hope all of you have a great day knitting in public today. We are all looking forward to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home