ZigZag's Journal

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Last night I finished the pumpkin that I was working on for the class this weekend. It actually turned out really nice so I am making a smaller one so that the ladies can decide which size they want to make. I was a little aphrensive about felting in my front load washing machine, but it seemed to do alright. I think had I used another type of maching with an agitator it would have felted a little tighter, but it was fine. I used orange Cascade 220 for this project. Circular needles were size 13 -24" and then double pointed 13's as well. Hopefully this next one will turn out just as nice. I am using a burnt orange for it and it is also Cascade 220. The needle size for the smaller on is #10.5 circular 16" and double pointed also. That will be completed tonight. Last night I started the Moebius Cat Bed. I finished the rim last night and it is ready for me to start the rest of it. Buffy has spent the day sleeping next to the part that is completed. I am going to have to put that on the back burner for a few days and get the clogs finished for my husband. The LYS called and wanted me to teach a class on the clogs, so I think in order for me to feel more comfortable about teaching the class I would like to make my second pair. My husband needs some slippers so I will do his first and then by the time I get around to doing mine I ought to be really good with any luck at all.
I have only been knitting since last December and when I first got started I went out and bought about 15 different books. Well, needless to say when I would sit down to read them I didn't understand the patterns. So, recently I went to my collection of books and took them out. Low and behold I think that I understand most of the patterns. I have tried to learn new things all of the time and it is paying off.

2 Comments:

  • hurray! i am so glad you are teaching. you have really learned alot this year. so you should be more confident in yourself!
    did you felt the pumkin a second time?

    By Blogger Heather, at 5:46 PM  

  • thanks for my flowers!
    they were very lovely!

    By Blogger Heather, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home