ZigZag's Journal

Saturday, August 05, 2006

How time flies by when you are having fun. Fortunately the heat wave that we experienced with almost 14 days over 105 degrees is now behind us and the days are much nicer. You can sit outside and enjoy the breeze and the flowers seem happier as well since the temperatures dropped. The last time I went to the LYS to knit (well, I didn't knit) but watched everyone else knitting, their air conditioner had broken as well as the swamp cooler and we all sat around sweating like crazy. It went out that morning and the repairman could not be there until Wednesday. It totally surprised me at how many of us just stayed and endured because we love our yarn. Sadly, I have not been able to knit for almost three weeks. Seems with the garage cleaning and storage cleaning that I did some damage to my right arm. I am not sure if it is the shoulder or the elbow, but it is kind of a bummer because I so enjoy knitting. I was hoping that it would get better on it's own but no such luck. I will call Monday and see about getting into the doctors for a shot. I have already had two in my elbow and neither of them helped at all, then one in the shoulder that seemed to help for a little while. I can use the keyboard and type, but the mouse or knitting hurts so bad that I feel sick to my stomach.
I guess the big news for the week is that my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and Jen planned a little party for us. She had wanted it to be bigger but we all had plans on the day she had intended to have the party so it was a small gathering, but what a nice meal and cake we had. Yesterday my husband and I went shopping and he bought me a Lexus 430CS convertible. Now, I am not kidding this car is for real and it is life size, not a model of sorts. The test was last night when I drove it into the garage and I was able to get it in next to my Hummer so all is well. I have never had a convertible but wanted one for years. Maybe it is my second childhood I am going through. Anyway it sure was fun to drive home. Today I took my Mom and Lucy to the annual Forbestown Daze in the foothills. The weather was nice for all of them and hopefully they will make lots of money for the park and the museum.
I wish I could post a picture or write about some knitting this week, but just can't do it yet.

1 Comments:

  • OHHH. post a picture of your car as soon as you can!! Oh, the breezse running through your hair as you zip across town to buy nore yarn!! I love it.. What color is the car? You, by the way, are looking marvooollusss (think billy crystal here). Missed you today at Knit Wits.. get your arm all better!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home