ZigZag's Journal

Monday, March 05, 2007

Oh my gosh....I finally got signed on to the blog. The new site is very difficult to get around in and I will not even at this moment try to post something like a picture. I have tried about 30 times to get on this new blogger and finally with a great deal of patience tonight I was successful. I was reminded the other day by Maggie (my lovely daughter from Poland) that I haven't been blogging and well I thought it was time to try again. So, I am sitting here with my new little computer and it is a baby lap top that I got for my birthday. I like it because it is totally mine and I probably won't share it with anyone. Ouch those were strong words. Nah, it is just that the kids show up here and use my computer and it gets loaded up with things that I don't know how to use and what to do with them. Then they leave and here I am with a computer that is now in Spanish. Really it is pretty funny if you think about it. Lindita and Will are wanting me to learn how to speak Spanish so they left me with all the Spanish homepages and I can't figure out how to change it back. Time for Liza to come to help us. Oh yea, the knitting thing has kind of slowed down to a very very slow non moving happening. I just cannot knit these days with my shoulder injury. I'm going on a knitting cruise at the end of April with Lucy, Della and Lydia and hopefully I will be able to handle a pair of needles by then. I take pain meds daily and this Friday I will go to the ortho department and he said he had a three inch needle. I'm a bit afraid of it, but if it will help, then I will be able to start the stretches and exercises to make my shoulder better. I injured somehow and I don't really know how, but it was getting better until I was fighting with a big piece of firewood. The firewood won and my shoulder snapped. Ouch. It hurts so bad sometimes. I have learned to use ice on it and that really helps. It just numbs it so I can't feel anything.
Good news is that I am almost at my goal for weight watchers. Well I say almost because it is only 16 pounds more to go and I will be there, but 16 pounds that has been hanging around for most of my life so it is taking a little longer to come off. But, I am up to walking 5 miles on the weekends each day if the weather is nice. Then during the week I do about 2 miles a couple of times. I remember years ago when I used to enjoy going out for a walk, then going through years where I really had to push myself so this is nice to be back where I am enjoying the whole exercise thing.
I've been doing some quilting. I did a mystery weekend and ended up making a beautiful quilt. I am putting the boarders on and then I will be sending it off to be quilted. When it comes back I will post a picture of it because I am really proud of this one. It is queen size and will go in our guest bedroom.
Okay, I missed out on SP10. I never got any emails suggesting that I join so maybe they really didn't want me this time around. SP9 was a poor experience not for me in as far as what my pal sent to me, because she sent me some awesome things. I was trying to post about it and I couldn't get on this new blog spot so I did email her and thank her. She sent me a bunch of great quilting things that I really needed. So she was wonderful. The one I spoiled never even said thank you for everything. That was kind of the straw that broke the camels back. I've been told by Heatherly that the odd numbers are just that kind of odd and the even numbers are generally good. So, looks like I'll wait until 12 and then maybe I will be knitting again. But in the meantime as long as I can get onto this site I will blog to keep my kids up to date with our lives.
Okay everyone keep your fingers crossed that this will not disappear into cyber space.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back. I missed you! On April 19-20 & 21 we will have some very exciting stuff going on. Spinning and hand dyeing yarn. I'll have flyers at Knit Wits in a day or so!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home