It has been quite a long time since my last post. I now know why you should do this a little more often because otherwise you have a tendancy to forget some ot the things that have gone on in not only your life but your life of knitting. I know that I have finished several projects, but to sit down and name them might be difficult. My cat bed is very close to being finished. I started some baby booties for my niece in Costa Rica. She is having a baby boy in January. So, that was kind of fun. They were cute and went relatively quickly. Too bad socks don't go that quickly. I did finish another pair of socks that had been on the needles for some time. I finished a couple of moebius projects. I had a scarf that was on the needles for about ten months and I finished that because I needed to use the needles. I received some sock yarn from my secret pal in a very pretty green pattern. They are going to make very nice socks and when they are completed I will post a picture. I also got a calendar from my secret pal for next year. There are cute sayings for each day in the knitting world. That will be fun next year. I was able to pack up my secret pal's second present and get it mailed last week. She is not in the United States so it does take quite a bit longer for her packages to reach her. It is so much fun having a secret pal and I have already pretty much finished her final package. It seems like all I do is knit is all of my spare time so why can't I think of other projects I have completed? I have also been doing some reading for knitting mysteries. My secret pal got me started with Knit One, Kill Two. Well, since that time I have purchased several books and have been doing quite a bit of reading. Also reading the many knitting books that I have. I am looking for a project that is a little more advanced but not something that I will find so difficult that I will not be able to complete it. So, I have found a couple of sweaters and so am giving that some serious thought. Meanwhile, I have so much yarn in my stash and projects galore that I could start so I just need to get myself a little bit more organized. I have to make four gifts by next week for four ladies that have helped me so much as officers in the club that I am the president of. My term as president ends after the November meeting. Yea I am so happy about that. That will free up a little more time for knitting perhaps. Generally the president presents each of her officers with a gift. I figured that since I can knit that I will make them something. I am leaning towards Moebius scarves as I enjoy making them and can be a little creative with them. One of these years I will get the camera working and able to post. Until then, you will just have to be satisfied with my descriptions of my projects.

2 Comments:
with only 61 days til Christmas, i am sure you can use your stash, buy more yarn and find a fun project too!
By
Heather, at 9:56 PM
update! update! how did your classes go?
By
Heather, at 5:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home